A hello to far flung dharma brothers and sister

• A hello to far flung dharma brothers and sister

Posted by Kristoffer Bergqvist on January 29, 2019 at 2:27 pm

Hello there!

I am Kristoffer from Sweden, now living in Germany and I thought I’d introduce myself.

This is my plunge into Vajrayana and I really come from a Zen buddhist background. I’ve always had an interest in Tibetan Buddhism and just never dared to take the leap before, it’s a big and sprawling tradtition after all 🙂 For more info about me please see my profile.

I’ve not had the fortune to meet Phakchok Rinpoche directly and as I work evenings I often cannot attend a local group. So I’m grateful to Rinpoche for having an online precence that enables me and others to come into contact with the Dharma.
    My grateful thanks also go to the moderators for accepting me into this group.

~Kristoffer

Hilary Herdman replied 5 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Hilary Herdman

Organizer
    January 30, 2019 at 5:15 am

Hi Kristoffer!

Welcome to the Samye Institute site.  We’re glad that you are interested in contacting more with the Dharma via this platform. Take some time to explore the website–we’re just about to launch a more user-friendly version soon, so stay tuned! You might wish to explore our large archive of video, audio and blog teachings found in the Wisdom Blogs category!  And by browsing the Guru Rinpoche Day posts, you can access almost 10 years of Phakchok Rinpoche’s messages to practitioners.

Again, we’re delighted you’re on board–and please let us know if you have questions!

Best regards,

Hilary

• Kristoffer Bergqvist

January 30, 2019 at 6:14 pm

Hi Hilary!

Many thanks for your warm welcome 🙂

I’ve meandered through the website and delved into the Wisdom Blog as you suggested and MY is it a goldmine of dharma teachings. I’m excited to be here and will be sure to place a question or two.

~Kristoffer