Guru Rinpoche Day Teachings – The Illuminating Sun of Wisdom, 

• Guru Rinpoche Day Teachings – The Illuminating Sun of Wisdom, 

Posted by gail phillips on July 2, 2015 at 6:40 pm

Dear friends,

Hoping this message finds you all well, I would like to use this forum to talk about the Guru Rinpoche Day teachings that Phakchok Rinpoche shares with us once a month. On the last teachings, Rinpoche talked about the importance of developing wisdom to be able to see things clearly, just as the sun illuminates and dispels darkness. Did everyone had time to read and reflect on this teaching? What are your thoughts about it?

Warm regards from Gomde New York!

Gail

nick ostapeck replied 8 years, 12 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • nick ostapeck

July 4, 2015 at 3:04 pm

I missed this GRD Teaching. Can you link it here?

• gail phillips

Organizer
      July 4, 2015 at 7:47 pm

Hi Nick! Here is the link: http://www.phakchokrinpoche.org/guru-rinpoche-day-teachings/26-june-2015-illuminating-sun-wisdom

Come back with your insights on the teachings 🙂

• PAULO ROBERTO DE MINERVINO

July 4, 2015 at 7:18 pm

practicing meditation on the nature of our mind, recognizing that nature and remaining in it. in my view this is the way in which we can see things as they are, always remembering that everything is an illusion. Thus it is that we will have the skillful means to help sentient beings to free themselves from suffering and the causes of suffering

• nick ostapeck

July 4, 2015 at 8:53 pm

That’s a good one! In the first paragraph is an important point for me.”If we have yet to understand the fundamental importance of the mind”. That’s me! But at least I admit there is so much to learn and practice and thus have an open receptive joyful mind when receiving the teachings. It also helps me to be careful about judgement mind because I know how fundamentally flawed is conditioned mind. But at the same time I have confidence that things will turn out ok because our teachers are living proof that Dharma works! Also I have seen some small improvement in my behavior and mind;less negative emotions and a small amount of increased patience.