Introduce Youself

Tagged: 

• Introduce Youself

Posted by Matt Goult on February 4, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Hi Everyone. Many of us know each other already and have met at various times and in various places around the world. Many of us have also never met so I thought it would be nice if we could post a few sentences introducing ourselves and how we are involved with Phakchok Rinpoche.

For those who don’t know me, I’m currently in Nepal volunteering for Rinpoche in several projects and generally overseeing Rinpoche’s various social media and website properties. I look forward to meeting you all!

ooi poay lum replied 8 years, 7 months ago 17 Members · 25 Replies
  • 25 Replies
  • sarah winner

April 12, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Hi everyone! the website looks amazing, well done!! sending love and blessings from Naples Florida

• John Edwards

April 12, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Hi everyone, my name is John Edwards. I am a lawyer in the US and I help manage monies for Rinpoche in the US including his tours here through the Taklung Kagyu Foundation. I help Matt a little with the websites as much as I can. And help with legal questions andWikipedia.

• Hilary Herdman

Organizer
    April 12, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Hi all!  My name is Hilary Herdman and I help manage programs and fundraising for Gomde, Cooperstown in New York.  I am a member of the Samye team and help Matt wherever needed.

• Jesper Skovlund

April 12, 2015 at 7:34 pm

Hi everyone!

I am Jesper, and I am overseeing the Dharma-stream and Dawn of Dharma program, along with overseeing Rangjung Yeshe Study Groups and centers worldwide, and part of the Samye team.

• Shlomo Shantiparamita Springer

April 23, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Hi everybody and good evening (or morning 🙂 )

My name is Shlomo Shantiparamita Springer and I am from Israel. I am studying with Rinpoche from the first time he came to our country, in the end of 2006.

I am very grateful for the beautiful and useful platform you have created, and to Rinpoche for his kind efforts in benefiting us, his students world-wide. Currently I am in the midst of my Ngondro practices.

I am happy to meet you all here 😀

Have a continuous good day, Shlomo Shantiparamita

• Vítor Alexandre Ribeiro

April 26, 2015 at 11:57 pm

<p><p>Hello there, everybody. I’m Brazilian. I’ve doing my ngondro for a veeeery long time. What can I do? I’m a slow learner. And a procrastinator, maybe. But I’m learning my lessons, in a way, I’d like to think.</p><p>I was very fortunate to meet Rinpoche in 2009, when he first came to Brazil, thanks to the efforts of Chagdud Khadro, the consort of the previous Chagdud Rinpoche. I’m really happy with Samye. Thanks for accepting me here.</p><p>I’m sending my love and prayers to everybody in Nepal. Our Chagdud Gonpa sangha here is making an effort to help with donations and prayers.</p><p>Love to all, in the Dharma</p></p>

• Craig Davis

May 10, 2015 at 3:42 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Craig Davis and I live in Lakeville, Connecticut. I was surprised because I did not expect to be accepted to this group. Karmic seeds? I spent some short time in Cooperstown last summer and was fortunate to be able to connect with Rinpoche. Over the course of the year I find the connection deepening- like a longing. Also during the course of the year I find myself dealing with some significant health issues. I have no idea how I can help at this point but hopefully will find a way. Am currently exploring the feasibility of coordinating a local group in this rural area.  I feel much gratitude- thank you.

• Paul Gerstmayr

July 15, 2015 at 5:12 pm

Hello everyone.

This is a wonderful website, thank you. My name is Paul, and I am a PhD student in the UK. At the moment I am following Rinpoche’s Path of Meditation. My other main teachers are Dzongsar Khyentse, Ato, and Ringu Tulku Rinpoches.

• Hilary Herdman

Organizer
      July 15, 2015 at 8:01 pm

Hi Craig,

we look forward to welcoming you back to Gomde New York for the Mahamudra retreat this week.  The auspicious occasion will allow you to meet Jesper Skovlund who is coordinating Dharma Stream groups and also to meet with many other leaders and organizers of Dharma Stream groups.  Their experience and insight will, I am sure, inspire you to form a local group!

Please also make use of the General Student Forum to share discussions with your fellow sangha members–we encourage you to participate frequently!

Warm welcome!

Hilary

• Hilary Herdman

Organizer
        July 15, 2015 at 8:11 pm

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the Samye platform; we are happy to have you on board.  We would encourage you to continue attending the NYC meetings as having a close sangha support can be truly beneficial.  During the recent Dawn of Dharma retreat in Cooperstown, Rinpoche kept emphasizing the importance of gathering together and sharing experience and understanding.

It is great that you are already making use of the General Student Forum; we will keep posting updates and questions from the retreat to keep  everyone engaged!

Welcome again!

Hilary

• Hilary Herdman

Organizer
        July 15, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Hi Paul Gertsmayr,

Welcome to you!  We are glad that you are participating in the Path of Meditation.  Please do make sure to utilize the student forum there as well to pose questions and to comment on your experience.

Kind regards,

Hilary

• Monica Lopez Fernandez

September 3, 2015 at 1:13 am

Hello, everyone. I am Monica, and I am a student of Rinpochela since 2006. I live in Mexico and facilitate one of the Dharma-stream groups. I also help with some translations into Spanish for Rinpoche’s teachings. I am happy to meet you all, and I feel fortunate to be part of this.

Craig Davis: in our Dharma-stream group we will dedicate the merit for the enlightenment of all beings, but also for all Dharma-stream groups to grow and for yours to become a possibility!

• Paul Easton

July 15, 2015 at 5:58 pm

I live in New York. My main teacher was Lama Tharchin R and also I was close to Kusum Lingpa but both are now departed. I guess I joined up because of the New York Sangha and I have been to the meeting once or twice but I hardly leave my apartment these days because I feel I am always behind. Maybe this is a mistake. In any case it is nice to have some internet contact.

I was thinking of going to Cooperstown now but I decided to go to DDCV in Vermont instead because I have a long and positive history with them.

• Paul Easton

July 15, 2015 at 8:31 pm

“My realization is higher than the sky, But my observance of karma is finer than grains of flour.”

That is interesting. The usual translation I have seen is ‘conduct’ rather than ‘observance of karma’. Maybe it comes to the same thing but it puts it in a different perspective.

• Bruce Cowen

September 5, 2015 at 12:34 am

My name is Bruce Cowen. I’m from Toronto, Canada. I met my root guru Namgyal Rinpoche in 1968. I was director, treasurer and bookkeeper of his organization for over twenty-five years. I was also the same for the Riwoche Society for many years. I drafted the legal documents for it. As my root guru, Namgyal Rinpoche showed me love that includes absolute trust. Under his guidance, I did ngondro and millions of mantras. Although he died in 2003, he is still with me. I met Kyabgon Phakchok Rinpoche that same year in Toronto. Now I have two great gurus in my mind.

• Andrea Sherman

September 26, 2015 at 3:19 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Andrea Sherman, I am 68 years old and a student of Phakchok Rinpoche. Recently I am involved with the Veterans Affairs in Bronx, NY in a virtual learning community of interdisciplinary health care students and professionals. My speciality is in aging.

I am helping to think about the learning platform of Samye with Hilary and Kevin Gormley.

• Tsunma Jamyang Donma

September 27, 2015 at 5:22 am

Greetings, Tashi Deleg, my name is Tsunma (Ani ) Jamyang Donma, I am a nun from Toronto Canada who is one of the founding members of Riwoche Temple.  My gurus include: Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche and Khenpo Sonam Tobgyal Rinpoche of Riwoche Temple (in both Kham Tibet and Toronto) and of course Kyabgon Phakchok Rinpoche ( among others)…I am a stained glass artist that makes Thangkas , ( Yulokod Studio is located in Cambridge, Ontario…) as well a a spiritual care giver st SickKid’s hospital in Toronto.  I have been actively participating and assisting Kyabgyon Phakchock Rinpoche with the Nine Yanas program since it started in Gomde .Cooperstown..and most recently created the Shravakayana Practice Manual ….I most recently was asked to be the moderator for the Shravakayana Forum.

Be well,

• guido freddi

October 15, 2015 at 10:40 am

Hi, Cheers to you all! Namaste! Tashi Delekh!

i’m here because in Oct 2014 i followed Rinpoche’s teachings in Boudha. This teachings are amazing and the way the website is set is great. I’ve a question: i subscribed to samyeinstitute.org last summer but i only begun the “workout” now. I see i only have 200 days left (obviously the countdown begun in summer) to do my 356 days series of practices! And apparently is not possible to “rush” through the teaching, not even by doubling the time dedicated daily to the practices… anyone know what will happen to me in 200 days from now? (ha ha ha, a million dollar question!).

Ciao

• Ilya Natanzon

November 26, 2015 at 9:20 am

Hey friends,

I’m student of Phakchok Rinpoche since 2006, living in Israel. For more then 15 years we have here a devoted Sangha of followers of Chokying Tersar tradition and it’s Masters. For the last 5 years I practice in our Dharma House (http://www.dharma-house.org.il/).

One year ago we began to follow PR’s Dharma Stream as a part of our bi-weekly meetings.

nice to meet all of you!

Page 1 of 2