Introduce Youself

Tagged: 

• guido freddi

November 26, 2015 at 12:15 pm

welcome!

• ooi poay lum

December 2, 2015 at 7:02 am

Hi everyone,

I am Poay Lum from Penang, Malaysia. Being a Malaysian Chinese, many of us used to identify ourselves as Buddhists but until I was fortunate enough to meet Phakchok Rinpoche in 2005, I did not truly understand Buddhism the way I now understand it under his guidance and teachings as well as from the Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche and Chokling Rinpoche. How blessed to have the karmatic condition to meet this amazing family.

However, I am one of those people who can often be lazy to do the daily practices and meditate as often as I should so I hope to gain some inspiration and motivation by joining the forums available here. Our sangha group in Penang meet regularly at our centre run by Rangjung Yeshe Buddist Society Penang to do group practices and watch the teaching video series by Rinpoche.

I have met some of the people in this group and hope to met the rest of you someday somewhere. Anyone visiting Penang or Melbourne where my family lives, please let me know and we will be most happy to welcome you.

• ooi poay lum

December 2, 2015 at 7:13 am

Hi again

I forgot to mention how I am involved with Rinpoche. I was the chairman of the Rangjung Yeshe Buddhist Society Penang for about 3 years starting around 2008 and now just a committee member. Currently, I am involved in the investment committee of the Chokgyur Lingpa Foundation

• Hilary Herdman

Organizer
    December 3, 2015 at 3:57 am

Welcome!

thank you very much for joining and also for all you have done and are doing for the center in Penang! It does not sound like you are so lazy,–but how about joining the Samye “Inspire Yourself” retreat–this is a great way for all of us to recharge our practice.

Follow the link under the “events” tab at the top or here:

https://samyeinstitute.org/mahamudra-online-retreat/

• ooi poay lum

December 4, 2015 at 4:05 am

Hi Hilary

Thanks for the advice. I will find the right time to start in that retreat. I know there should be no excuses but I want to start only when I know I can genuinely commit myself to it.

Page 2 of 2