Laziness and Difficulties: How to Improve?

• Laziness and Difficulties: How to Improve?

Posted by Hilary Herdman on October 30, 2015 at 12:27 pm

In this weeks’s Wisdom Blog, Rinpoche reminds us of how we hold on–how we hold what we don’t have when we say we have to improve. Do you have experience of this in your practice? How do you work with laziness in your own practice?

Shlomo Shantiparamita Springer replied 8 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Ilya Natanzon

November 26, 2015 at 8:49 am

Hey Hilary,

the thing that works for me practically is a quick reflection on how is my progress in terms of meditation and mind transformation. Obviously, I answer myself – “this is not enough”… at least this. Then I go for my formal practice. More enhanced version of such a reminder of “not enough” includes a quick thought “where you are now won’t help you in bardo”. Then I switch to supplicating my gurus and proceed with any practice.

kindly,

• Shlomo Shantiparamita Springer

November 28, 2015 at 9:30 pm

Dear Hilary,

I am reminding myself frequently that my present good conditions which are allowing to practice will not last long, so it’s better to raise my spirits and practice. Since I am suffering from a constant fatigue, at times I succumb to a strong desire to lay down and sleep. Sometimes I have the upper hand, at other times I am negotiating my condition and at other times simply cheating my self in order to practice, and then gaining the upper hand over my will to sleep 😀

Not very traditional maybe, but I am still on the track 🙂