Multiplying the power of mantras

• Multiplying the power of mantras

Posted by hilaryherdman on October 30, 2017 at 11:38 am

Dear Dharma sisters and brothers,

Phakchok Rinpoche reminds us to practice intelligently!  We can multiply the power of our mantras by reciting the following mantra.  We should also then blow on our mala before we chant our mantras.

ཨོཾ་རུ་ཙི་ར་མ་ཎི་པྲ་བརྡྷ་ནཱ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།
    om rutsi ramani pravardhanaye soha
    ཧྲཱིཿབཛྲ་ཛི་ཧཱ་མནྟྲ་དྷ་ར་བརྡྷ་ནི་ཨོཾ།
    hri benza dziha mantra dhara vardhani om
    ཞེས་པའང་བདུན་ལམ་གསུམ་བཟླས་པས་སྔགས་ཀྱི་ནུས་པ་འབུམ་དུ་བསྐྱེད་པར་གསུངས།

If you recite this mantra seven or three times,the power of your mantras will be increased one hundred thousand times!  

Best wishes for your practice,

Hilary

kellyc replied 6 years, 5 months ago 5 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • dekyiphoebe

October 31, 2017 at 4:06 pm

can anyone make audio to share the group

Thanks!

Phoebe

• annedhatu

October 31, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Thank you for sharing this Hilary.  This is great to know about – especially in these modern time when many have lots of work and family responsibilities to balance with their Dharma practice throughout the day!

• kellyc

October 31, 2017 at 11:42 pm

Can this be recited before the Great Cloud of Blessings?

• yogibear108

November 1, 2017 at 8:06 am

Thanks Hilary 🙂

Would one start with this before 7 line supplication? I mean as the very first thing to initiate the practice sesssion? Or after 7 line supplication?

• hilaryherdman

Organizer
    November 2, 2017 at 7:25 am

Hi Dharma friends,

Phakchok Rinpoche confirmed that Guru Rinpoche himself taught this magnifying mantra and it is found in the Chokling Tersar tradition.

There is no visualization necessary.  Rinpoche also said that you can recite this before you begin your mantra recitation, or before any other prayers-such as the Cloud of Blessings as Kelly asked above–or before the 7 line Supplication if you are reciting that supplication prayer as Diana asked.

When Rinpoche recited in the course of a sadhana practice session such as the Concise Daily Practice, he inserted it directly before the mantra recitation.

We will work on getting you a clear audio recording of the mantra!

• kellyc

November 2, 2017 at 10:07 am

Thank you Hilary (and of course, Rinpoche-la!)
    One last (for now) question:
    Let’s imagine I’m doing Concise Daily Practice, so I insert this directly before the mantra recitation. Then at the end of my practice session, I am accumulating the Cloud of Blessings. Do I repeat the mantra before the Cloud of Blessings, or is it still “active” from before?

• yogibear108

November 3, 2017 at 9:19 am

Thanks Hilary!
      Good question Kelly 🙂 about whether you need to activate it again 🙂

• hilaryherdman

Organizer
    November 7, 2017 at 11:42 am

Hi all,

We’re preparing a post to answer your questions–including a short video clip from Rinpoche.  Coming shortly on a wisdom blog.  Thanks to all of you for your enthusiasm and interest in this topic!

• kellyc

November 7, 2017 at 2:18 pm

Thank you!