New Q&A with Phakchok Rinpoche – invitation to submit questions

• New Q&A with Phakchok Rinpoche – invitation to submit questions

Posted by gail phillips on January 26, 2016 at 3:39 pm

Dear dharma brothers and sisters,

I would like to invite you all to send any questions you might have regarding your practice, as this month Q&A is open to everyone.

This is a great opportunity as Phakchok Rinpoche will be answering your questions and publish them on video in a couple of weeks.

You can either post your questions here or send them to students@samyeinstitute.org, by Friday January 29th.

Best regards,

Gail

Shlomo Shantiparamita Springer replied 8 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Bruce Cowen

January 27, 2016 at 11:45 am

What has to happen between realization of the wish fulfilling gem and the first arising of self awareness wisdom?

• Shlomo Shantiparamita Springer

May 27, 2016 at 3:11 pm

Dear Dharma Friends,

My question to Rinpoche is this: recently Rinpoche instructed us to recite 300 Dusom Sangye Prayers to Guru Rinpoche, and I am trying to follow his instruction to the best of my ability. Sometimes i cannot do the whole 300, but at least 100 recitations every day. My question is this: currently I am still doing my Ngondro, and it’s already consumes much of my <span style=”color: #3e3e3e; font-family: Arial; line-height: normal;”>strength. Is it ok to concentrate fully on the Ngondro to the expense of other practices?</span>

Thank you,  Shlomo Santiparamita

• Hilary Herdman

Organizer
      May 29, 2016 at 4:37 pm

Dear Shlomo,

Could you clarify your question?  When you say at the expense of  the “other practices” are  you are asking about the Dusum Sangye recitation or do you mean something else?

Rinpoche-la did say that it is okay to do the Dusum Sangye recitations while one is engaged in daily activity, such as walking about, or sitting around–commuting, for example.

You may be able to catch short periods of time when you can easily accumulate recitations if you take advantage of small openings in even a busy day.  Even such short periods are wonderful reminders of our practice!

• Shlomo Shantiparamita Springer

May 30, 2016 at 6:34 pm

Yes, you got it right. Thank you for your response. I guess I have to sort it out with myself. Thank you again Hilary! 🙂