Welcome to Samye's On-line “Inspire Yourself” Guru Rinpoche Practice

• Welcome to Samye's On-line “Inspire Yourself” Guru Rinpoche Practice

Posted by Hilary Herdman on November 23, 2016 at 7:20 am

Dear Dharma brothers and sisters,

Understanding that many of our global sangha may not be able to attend the auspicious empowerments in Nepal, Kyabgön Phakchok Rinpoche is offering another opportunity to connect to these important events of the Guru Rinpoche Year.  We invite you to join us in our second “Inspire Yourself” practice program. There are two ways to participate and we hope you will take advantage of both opportunities for practice.

During the 10 days of the empowerments from November 23-December 3

Inspire Yourself Guru Rinpoche Practice Program

Kyabgön Phakchok Rinpoche suggests that his students who are unable to attend the empowerments deepen their connection to Guru Rinpoche by doing the following:

1. Accumulate 1 mala of Six Varja Line (Düsum Sangye) Supplication every day for 10 days.
    2. Accumulate 5 malas of the Vajra Guru Mantra (OM A HUNG BENDZA GURU PEMA SIDDHI HUNG) every day for 10 days.
    3. Spend at least 10 minutes in meditation according to whatever instructions you have received, every day for these 10 days.

At the end of each day’s practice session, please make dedications and aspirations.  Remember that aspiration has great power and, as Rinpoche says, it is also the fuel for our motivation.

Please post any questions here–and best wishes for your practice!

Hilary Herdman replied 7 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Christopher Sikelianos

November 28, 2016 at 6:03 pm

Greetings! ; I was wondering if since I am working on the Ngondro and doing many malas of the Guru Yoga whether I could use this for the inspire yourself practice (related to the empowerments). There was the the thought that since the main idea is to make a connection with Guru Rinpoche this would be alright, but after talking with Mathew I understand that it is probably not. In practicing the Dharma efficiency will generally not be the motivation. So for the remainder of the empowerment’s I will do a separate practice? Also doing Concise Long Life Supplication and wondering as Michael suggested whether the one for Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche should be modified? Mathew shared photos of the Empowerment’s yesterday which was to me quite a wonderful way to feel connected !

• Hilary Herdman

Organizer
    November 28, 2016 at 7:50 pm

Hi Chris!

Could you be more specific about your question regarding the Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche Long Life Supplication?

You can find all the concise long life prayers at https://lhaseylotsawa.org/assets/texts/Concise-Long-Life-Supplications.pdf. The Tulku Urgyen Supplication written by Kyabje Tsikey Chokling Rinpoche is the first one.

Phakchok Rinpoche has suggested that we might want to deepen our connection to Guru Rinpoche by doing the supplications and mantras. He did not give specific instructions how to structure that session, but Matthew’s point that “efficiency” should not be the motivation seems to be a very reasonable guideline! In his recent teachings at the seminar in Nepal (which we will upload to Samye shortly) Rinpoche has again emphasized the importance of checking our motivation and our intention rather than focusing on numbers of mantras chanted or hours of sitting done.