Bug list

• mtettemer

April 7, 2015 at 7:29 pm

The new site looks terrific! The overall feel is very clean, and it is very detailed (one can see that a great amount of effort went into getting it to this point!). I have a few nitpicky items to report:
    1) On the Rangjung Yeshe Study Groups page, the link that says “Click here for a list [OF] existing study groups.” Need to add the word “of.”
    2) On the List of Existing Study Groups page, it would be beneficial to add states to cities (e.g. Atlanta, GA ; Hereford, PA; Carrollton, ? (I have no idea what state this is located in).
    Are you planning to have live emails on this list? Also website and /or Facebook page links? My group has a website with helpful scheduling information.
    3) On the Three Streams page, in the middle of the 2nd paragraph it says, “Link to Rinpoche’s calendar here”—but there is no link.
    In the following paragraph, there needs to be a space between the words ideal and to.
    4) On The Path of Meditation Level One page, in the section About KPR, the 3rd paragraph, 1st sentence has, “teaching the profound meaning in a way that [IS] understandable …” Need to add the word “is.”
    Under The Home Practice Program section (same page), 2nd paragraph, need to add a hyphen in “non-discriminating.”
    5) On my personal profile page, the top menu dropdown and search options do not work, forcing me to use the “Samye” link at the top to get back into the site.
    That’s all I found. Great job! Good luck with this amazing project! Mary Ann T.

• mattgoult

Organizer
      April 10, 2015 at 9:12 am

This is perfect feedback. Exactly what we were hoping for! We’ll integrate all this into our task lists.

Thanks, Matt

• jetimberland

April 10, 2015 at 5:26 pm

There is not a lot of font size consistency in the mobile site. The font looks the same, but there is a little too much variations in sizes.

• mattspitzer1

September 9, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Hi everyone, thanks for all the work being put into the website! I noticed that I was was not able to open the links to the wisdom blogs. I am not sure if it is an issue with my computer, but in case it’s not, I thought I would post in this forum in case it is a bug on the website. Thanks for your help. Best, Matt

• Deleted User

July 22, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Hi Matt,

for the start there is space after “http ” in href attribute of both favicons, so favicons are replaced by some generic ones (2 vertical lines, instead of Samye logo).

see you later, Jaro

• mattgoult

Organizer
    July 24, 2016 at 8:55 pm

Thanks. This is really helpful. I’ll add this to the bug list for our developer to look at.

• Deleted User

July 29, 2016 at 2:50 pm

Hi Matt, the cover image under the profile photo is not scaled down but cropped instead.

• Deleted User

August 4, 2016 at 1:10 pm

Hi Matt,

profile popup claims there is only one notification where in fact there are two of them.

• Deleted User

August 7, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Hi Matt,

when I do reply on message which is reply itself to my original post, I get notification claiming that I have “1 new reply” from original replier but in fact that was my reply. Attached image will say it more clearly.

• Deleted User

August 8, 2016 at 12:25 pm

Hi Matt, it’s me again 🙂

Paragraphs in Latest Wisdom Blog Post at homepage start with “iframevideo /iframevideo” (see attachment)

• Deleted User

August 18, 2016 at 10:00 am

Hi Matt,

unordered list items at My Dasboard have set ‘disc’ style. Looks like the intention is to have to set to ‘none’. You can see it at https://samyeinstitute.org/my-account/

• mattgoult

Organizer
    August 19, 2016 at 10:26 am

Hi Jaroslav. Thanks so much for pointing out these issues. I’ll get someone to look at them ASAP. Are you a developer by any chance? You seem to know your way around the website 🙂

• Deleted User

August 19, 2016 at 11:14 am

Hi Matt,

no, I’m Web Quality Assurance guy ????

I assume something was updated on website as I see correct favicon now but Houston we have a problem:

Top menu popup won’t show on click so it’s not possible to log in from there.

• mattgoult

Organizer
    August 19, 2016 at 11:16 am

You’re right… I noticed this. We just did a major update on the backend. I’ve added this to the list for our developer to look at. I really appreciate you taking the time to help identify these issues. It REALLY helps as we are all mostly volunteers behind the scenes 🙂

• Deleted User

August 19, 2016 at 11:27 am

And, also notifications stopped to work 🙁 I am glad to help at least with this.

• mattgoult

Organizer
        August 19, 2016 at 11:31 am

are you referring to the forum notifications? I’ve added it to the list!

• Deleted User

August 19, 2016 at 11:33 am

yep, forum ones.