Phakchok Rinpoche invites his sangha to embark with him on a pilgrimage to sacred sites of Bhutan, the Land of the Thunder Dragon. The pilgrimage concludes with two additional days of retreat. Many of the sites Rinpoche will be visiting are particularly connected to the Chokling New Treasures lineage and to Phakchok Rinpoche’s own root teachers; Kyabje Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche and Kyabje Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche. Join us on this wonderful and once in a lifetime occasion.
PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE. PILGRIMAGE IS NOW ENDING ON THE 26TH.
- Arrive into Bhutan
- Evening: Drak Karpo
- Paro Taktsang
- Evening: Drive to Thimbu
- Public Teaching in Thimbu by Phakchok Rinpoche
- Morning: Drive to Bumthang
- Stay Overnight
- In Bumthang:
- Kurjhe Lhakhang
- Jhamphel Lhakhang
- Beyul Shukdrak
- Thamshing Lhakhang
- Konchoksum Lhakhang
- Guru Rinpoche Day: Tsok Offering in Kurjhe Lakhang
- Evening: Travel to Tharpaling
- Retreat in Tharpaling
- Conclude Retreat
- Travel to Thimbu
- Overnight in Thimbu
- Morning: Drive to Paro
- Depart Bhutan
The cost of the pilgrimage is $2,750 and covers all expenses within Bhutan. This includes lodging, meals, private transportation, practice texts as well as the 1 day retreat. Phakchok Rinpoche will be guiding the pilgrims throughout the pilgrimage and retreat.
You should arrive in Kathmandu on the 18th and we will be flying from Kathmandu airport to Paro, Bhutan as a group on the 19th and returning as a group on the 26th. By registering for the pilgrimage you will automatically be included on this flight. The cost for the flight is $450.00. There is also a one-time $40 visa fee for entrance into Bhutan(see below for details).
Total cost is $3,240 (updated total)
Please register now in order to secure your place on the pilgrimage.
- Please make a $1,000 usd deposit using the details below in order to secure your place on the pilgrimage.
- Amount due after deposit: $2,240.00usd. This includes flight cost, please see below.
- Please do send in the full amount as soon as possible in order to secure all travel arrangements.
- Payment in full is due latest by July 31st.
- Once registered there will be a $500 cancellation fee.
Our bank details are as follows:
Account Name: Chokgyur Lingpa Foundation Limited
Bank name: The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Ltd
Account number: 499-811826-838
Bank address: 1 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong
Swift code: HSBC HK HH HKH
Recipient (CGLF) address: Suite 2801-03, China United Centre, 28 Marble Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Recipient tel: +85263112269
In order to complete your registration you must email the below three items to [email protected]
- Copy of your bank transfer receipt.
- Completed Bhutan Visa Application. (Please complete this form and send it back as a pdf file. We will take care of the visa process for you and will be sending you your Bhutan visa via email. You will need to print it out and bring it with you on the pilgrimage. That printed visa will be stamped upon entry into Bhutan).
- Scanned copy of your passport.
- You are advised to bring: Walking shoes, a sleeping bag and sitting cusion for the retreat, hat and sunglasses.
- The weather in Bhutan in September is very pleasant, with averages between 11.7 C/53F – 23.4C/74F.
- Dharma texts will be provided at the beginning of the pilgrimage.
You may contact [email protected] for registration and pilgrimage questions. We look forward to seeing you!
Are you planning to attend?
Feel free to add a comment and discuss in the section below.